UN 2023 Water Conference: second global online stakeholder consultation
The United Nations, with support from the Governments of Tajikistan and the Netherlands, will host the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York from 22 to 24 March 2023.
The Conference is formally known as the 2023 Conference for the Midterm Comprehensive Review of Implementation of the UN Decade for Action on Water and Sanitation (2018-2028).
In early 2022, stakeholders were invited to contribute proposals for the themes of the interactive dialogues through a first global online consultation.
The proposed themes are:
- Water for Health: Access to safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation (SDG 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 and SDGs 1, 3, 4, 5, 17);
- Water for Development: Valuing Water, Water-Energy-Food Nexus and Sustainable Economic and Urban Development (SDG 6.3, 6.4, 6.5 and SDGs 2, 8, 9, 11, 12);
- Water for Climate, Resilience and Environment: Source to Sea, Biodiversity, Climate, Resilience and DRR (SDGs 6.5, 6.6, 7, 11.5, 13, 14, 15);
- Water for Cooperation: Transboundary and International Water Cooperation, Cross Sectoral Cooperation and Water Across the 2030 Agenda (SDG 6.5, 6.b and SDG 16, 17);
- Water Action Decade: Accelerating the implementation of the objectives of the Decade including through the UN SG’s Action Plan.
To ensure meaningful and substantive engagement of stakeholders in preparation for the UN 2023 Water Conference, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, academic institutions, the scientific community, the private sector, philanthropic organizations and other stakeholders are invited to contribute their views, comments and inputs on the themes proposed by the co-hosts for the interactive dialogues through this second global online consultation.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: [email protected] mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.